Thursday, November 13, 2014

Urology testing

Tomorrow is a pretty big day.  Blake has his rescheduled appointments from five weeks ago in urology.  They are going to sedate him and then look around with a scope in his bladder.  While he is sedated, they are going to put a catheter in him for his next test, urodynamics.  The urodynamics test (he's awake for this) will measure the pressure in his bladder, among other things.  Pre-transplant it was high and that's why the urologist knew Blake would need a catheter.  They just want to be sure that in no way are we doing damage to his transplanted kidney.  So, that's kind of a big deal. 

So, to say I'm a little anxious is probably an understatement.  The thing is, it's been so awesome to see Blake pee like a regular kid.  To hear him say, "I gotta go potty!"  To see, with my own two eyes him overshoot the toilet ,pee out the back and laugh about it.  To be able to be just like his brothers.  It warms my heart.

I feel like it's going to be ok.  I feel like the doctors have continually told us Blake wouldn't be able to do this or that and he has proven them wrong time and time again.  That's our Blakers!  And you know what?  If they decide that he needs to go back to cathing, we'll deal with that too.


I have so many friends who are struggling with their health for different reasons and it has just put everything into perspective.  We'll get through it.  Our track record is pretty good so far, right?!. :)

I will give you all an update as soon as I can, but all our appointments are scheduled for late afternoon, so who knows.  Please say a prayer and think happy thoughts for Blake.  Thanks, as always, for you continued support!!

#keepfightingblake
#builtblaketough

2 comments:

Marrie said...

loved your blog was interesting

Karol said...

Hello - I don't know if Blake's bladder issue is similar to our daughter Jenna's, but she had high pressure at low volume and was able to have an augmentation that took the pressure off her kidneys, and allowed her to eventually get a kidney transplant. If you want more info please let me know.
Merry Christmas!
Karol
kidney4jenna@yahoo.com