Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Eve

Happy Thanksgiving Eve friends! I'm typing this from a snowy Central Iowa.  It's been snowing here pretty much all day.  My brother just told me they've gotten about eight inches in Minnesota, so I guess our two-three inches of snow isn't so bad.

I realized after looking at my last post that I didn't share the great, wonderful, joyous news about Blake's urology tests.  Although his tests weren't awesome, but good...he can continue to pee like a regular kiddo! :)  Best. News. Ever.  We have made some adjustments to his feeding schedule to take his overnight volume down so it is putting less pressure on his bladder and kidneys, but otherwise we will just keep on keepin' on.  This kid continues to amaze me! 
 These pics were from the first snow of the year, so I just thought I would throw them in for good measure. :) 
 I've been thinking about Thanksgiving and being thankful a lot lately and I genuinely think the two most important things we can have in this life are our relationships and our health.  Where are we without those two things?  I realize I may be skewed on the health part, but any day your life can be turned upside down.  This life can be so different without the ones we care about and this one body that we all have.  I have great family, friends and support system and for that I am grateful.  I am healthy and for that I am also thankful and never, EVER will take that for granted. 
 We have no big plans for Thanksgiving.  We are staying home (yay!) and my dad is coming up for the day.  That's it.  I am actually really looking forward to not traveling since I feel like we were on the road a lot this fall.  We have a couple of photo shoots, but otherwise, nothing too pressing going on. 
I was home with the twins and a sick Brody today.  Here's hoping the flu stays away from the rest of us.  I have been busy make some food in preparation for tomorrow.  I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving friends!  Thank you for your love and support in this little space of mine, it means more to me than you could possibly know. Alright, I better go, there is cream cheese frosting waiting to be made, so I will leave you with this little bit of turkey humor...

No comments: