Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Iowa City and Instagrammers

Since I'm still camera card-less, I thought I could share some Instagram photos from semi-recently.  

First up though, Blake and Bowen both had doctor appointments in Iowa City last Friday.  Luckily, there was no school, so Aaron came with to the appointments, while Jenna and Brody got spoiled at our friend, Sara's.  It worked out so well!

Nephrology was the first appointment of the day.  We weren't due for labs and Dr. Jetton was like, I just don't have anything to say.  I feel bad.  I assured her it was fine.  We love being boring and uneventful!  We are due for boring and uneventful.  She just told Blake to keep on keepin' on!  

After that it was the eye doctor times two.  Both of the twins kind of have one eye that is a little lazy, so we wanted to make sure it wasn't too bad and they didn't need glasses.  Have you ever been to the eye doctor at UIHC?  I love that hospital, but for the love of all things, it is the LONGEST process in the history of everything.  I hate that we had to see three different people, plus dilation and it lasted about two hours.

Bowen was a rock star.  He sat up in the chair like it was no big deal.  Blake was not as enthused about things and understandably so.  At the end of the appointment we got the verdict...no glasses for either of them and back in six months!!  Woo-hoo!!

We are supposed to have Blake's big urology check on Friday, but I'm still not sure that is going to happen.  He's got a little bit of a cold and with the sedation, I just get nervous because of all the junk in his lungs.  We will see.  Anyway, happy thoughts and prayers please that if we do indeed have the procedure that his urological stuff looks awesome and he can continue to pee like a regular boy and we don't have to go back to the OR to fix his appendico (catheter) site.  

Here are just some random photos from my Instagram account, in absolutely no particular order, just some stuff we've been up to...

I took the kiddos to the apple orchard by myself on a night Aaron had to ref.  We had so much fun and of course I couldn't get non-ornery photo. 
 This was actually a photo of Brody jumping into the corn pool, from that same orchard, but on a different day.  I went with him on his field trip and it rained the entire time.  It was miserable.  We got home and Brody said, "Wasn't that the best field trip ever mom?!"  Gotta love kids!
 Aaron is a member of the track committee at West Marshall and to raise money for the new track they did a color run to kick-off homecoming week.  So FUN!!  The four of us did it.  Aaron and Blake greeted runners/walkers at the finish line. 
 A photo from the eye doctor day.
 We always have to get decked out in our Hawk gear for "Hawkeye Saturday" as we call it at the Burdorfs.
 Aaron and I were lucky enough to be asked again this year to do our school's homecoming dance photos.  It was such a good time!  Those kids are a blast!  It is tradition at every dance we shoot to take the first couple shot.  This was this year's. 
 I bribed the boys with a horse ride at this mechanical horse outside of Hy-Vee.  Worked like a charm.  And no, I'm not ashamed of bribery. 
 One early out day Jenna wanted to do something crafty because she was bored.  She wanted to make this for her awesome third grade teacher!
 The first Character Counts award winner at our house this year goes to Brody!
Aaron and I did the Kick-off to Kinnick 5K that finished inside Kinnick Stadium.  It was the first 5K we've ever actually run together, like side-by-side. :)  It was also awesome that Steph and Isaac were nice enough to watch all the kids for us!
If you are on Instagram, feel free to follow me: jburdorf  :)




No comments: