Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The way I see it...

BUSY.
“If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. The more things you do, the more you can do.”  This is a Lucille Ball quote.  What do you think?  Is it true?

I have to admit, it caught my eye and made me think.  When you think about it, it would seem obvious to ask a person who doesn’t have a lot going on to do something, but it might not be the case.
Those people who constantly have things to do and tasks that they have to get done really know how to get things accomplished.  My verdict on that quote is that it could be one of my new favorites!

If my planner is any indication, I am a busy person.  I was just telling Aaron the other day that if I lost my planner I may have an anxiety attack.  I was only half kidding.  I feel like my whole entire life is in that thing.  Doctor’s appointments, snack days at the preschool, early outs, when I need to call and refill Blake’s prescriptions, birthdays, ordering of dialysis supplies, basketball games Jenna plays, basketball games Aaron refs, etc., etc., etc.

I literally must write it down or I forget.  Even if it is something completely insignificant like, “Eat a taco on Tuesday.”  If I didn’t write that down, I would not be eating a taco on Tuesday.

After I had Jenna my brain was ok, with Brody I started to see a little bit of a change and when I had the twins I feel like all of my brain cells took a permanent vacation.  Has anybody else experienced this with the birth of their children?!

I have a busy week in front of me.  I’m not complaining!  I like to stay busy, but sometimes I let the stressful part of busy overtake me.  I cope with coffee and chocolate.

The other day I was thinking to myself as I was trying to figure out an ad for the paper mid-afternoon during naptime, “I wonder how much coffee is considered too much in a day?”  I might need to look into that.  I don’t have problems sleeping and I still drink a lot of water and milk, so I’m going to say I’m still ok.

I’ll make it through another week just like I always do.  Just like busy people everywhere do.  It’s all about being efficient and having good time management skills don’t you think?  Oh!  Talking about my planner reminds me that I need to ask for a new one for Christmas.  I better go write that down before I forget, but that’s just the way I see it.

No comments: