Thursday, November 8, 2012

Make this...Apple Dumplings!

Every fall, the kids and I and our friend, Mary, go over to pick apples.  This year, there were no apples.  This crazy weather where it got so warm and then the trees blossomed and then the frost happened and it killed all the blossoms.  So sad!  I'm desperately missing my homemade applesauce!  And this recipe I'm going to share with you - Apple Dumplings.

My grandma June sent this recipe to me a few years ago.  I thought she was crazy when I looked at the ingredient list, but it is so gosh darn good!  I even put it in my column in the paper and had numerous people call to tell me how much they loved it.

So, without further ado...

APPLE DUMPLINGS

Ingredients:
1 tube of crescent rolls
1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup Mountain Dew

Directions:
Prehead oven to 350.  Unfold crescent roll dough.  Placed diced apples on wide edge of each piece, roll up and place in an 8x8 baking dish.  In a saucepan, melt butter with sugar and cinnamon over medium heat.  Stir in Mountain Dew.  Pour mixture over dumpling.  Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.  Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer.

I made these last weekend and forgot to take a picture.  Darn it!!  Anyway, if you're looking for something easy and delish, try these.  Bet you can't eat just one. :)

No comments: