Saturday, September 29, 2012

Riding the BP rollercoaster

Well...I'm sitting here at the hospital drinking lukewarm coffee out of a styrofoam cup.  I don't have a whole lot to say.  We got to Iowa City about 11 AM on Friday and as I type this it's 8:20 PM on Saturday night.

When we got here Blake's blood pressures started to go down.  And then they went down a little more.  After Dr. Jetton rounded today I was feeling very hopeful we could go home on Sunday.  However, Blake's last two blood pressures have been high again.  *sigh*

I don't get it.  I don't understand it.  Nothing has changed.  It makes me want to scream.  I didn't really understand why they suddenly went down and I don't understand why they are now high again.  Super frustrating. 

We aren't really doing anything here at the hospital.  Literally, just switching up his dialysis prescription at night.  During the day Blakers and I go for walks, hang out in the toy room, I give him wagon rides around the whole hospital.  I can't keep him in the room because he wants to play with everything except his toys and he screams (because he thinks I'm leaving him) when he is in his crib. 

Honestly, it's exhausting to entertain this kid.  Blake is used to Jenna, Brody and Bowen to play with.  The mom just isn't that fun. :)

Anyway, I will keep you all in the loop and hopefully (fingers crossed) we get to go home on Sunday.

No comments: