Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our new venture!

Hey there. Hi there. Ho there. :)  Long time since I really told you about the going-ons for our family.  I don't really know where to start, but here goes...

The most exciting news:  We had the opportunity to take over some of the school photography at West Marshall (sports, dances, etc.).  We shot all of the fall sports - high school and junior high - with the exception of high school football.  Aaron and I have a lot of fun and work well together.  It's really comfortable because the kids know me from the paper and pictures and Aaron has obviously taught them. 

We took pictures of everything in about a week's time, which means we have been BuSy!!  Aaron is the actual picture taker, I do the posing, processing of orders and anything else that needs to be done.  It's super handy to have Aaron right at school to distribute photos or whatever else is needed. 

I should probably tell you the name of our little business.  It's JKay Photo & Designs.  Jamie Kay is my name, so that's where it comes from.  It's the first thing that popped into my head. :)

People have already asked us about kids or family photos.  We aren't opposed to taking any pictures for people, so we're just kind of muddling through this as we go.  We don't have a studio so anything we did would have to be done outside or on-location somewhere.

Anyway, we officially have one sports season under our belts and before we know it, winter sports season will be here.  It's been a lot of fun, so we're looking forward to more adventures with the camera!

1 comment:

Mary or Jerod said...

P.S. I am SO PROUD of you and excited for you at the same time! Yay for JKay!!