Monday, August 13, 2012

Burdorf Family Olympics!

Last week when the two baby dolls were taking a nap, I made up some games for the kids to do in the backyard.  We have been all about the Olympics, so I tried to think of some competitive, fun things I thought they would enjoy.  
 We started with the frisbee throw.  We had to have a lesson on how to throw it, but once we got past that, we were golden. :)
 And yes, this was coming right at me!
 This was by far the favorite of the day.  We did a race with water.  Fill up cups out of a big bucket and try to fill up a smaller bucket up to the line before the other person.  Lots of running back and forth.  They loved it.
 Aaron and I played too.  What I learned: my husband is a cheater! Don't worry, I doused him with water for it.  :)
 A challenge to see how far we could kick soccer balls.
 And last, but not least an egg race.  The kids did pretty good.  After they raced a couple of times, I decided we should do an egg toss.  Aaron and I got pretty far apart before it broke on Aaron.

 A casualty...
It was a fun time in the backyard.  One of those times I wish I could bottle and open up to enjoy at a later date. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun time!