Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Me.

I don't really ever write anything super personal about myself on the blog.  Hmmm...not sure why, but I always seem to post stuff about the four kiddos or Aaron and sometimes I talk about how I'm feeling, but not often.

I never shared with you about my journey to be a healthier and better me.  In the middle of January, I just had a moment.  I can't describe it, but I just felt like I wasn't the best me that I could be.  Your health is so important!  Like a lot of moms, I was taking care of everybody else and not myself.

So, in January, I decided to watch what I was eating way more.  I also started being more physically active by running or walking with my family or even playing the Wii.  It all made a difference.  I downloaded an app to my phone called my fitness pal (it's free!) that helped me track my calories and by doing everything I mentioned above I write this post 37 lbs. lighter than I was in mid-January.

It's amazing what that does.  I'm happier.  I feel better about myself.  I have more energy.  I'm more confident.  I'm healthier. My heart and lungs are so strong right now.  I feel like I'm in better shape now than I was back in the day when I played ball year round.  Seriously.

Anyway, this new me thing in 2012, made me sign up for a 20K on June 2nd.  That's 12.4 miles, just short of a half marathon.  You never know what you can do until you try, right?!  That athlete that I used to be wanted the challenge of trying to achieve this goal.  Last Saturday...mission accomplished. :)

I will tell you more about my run in my next post.  So...to be continued...

3 comments:

Angie Brooker said...

Awesome news Jamie. Congrats on your healthier lifestyle. It's not always easy but definitely worth it. I still think the 20k is crazy though. :)

Anonymous said...

That is incredible!!!! Great job on the weight loss. And I'm blown away you were able to do that race. I struggle to build my mileage and am working toward my first half~marathon this September. Congratulations!!!!

Kimberly said...

That is crazy you mentioned your "moment," I had the same thing after I had Marissa. I found myfitness pal on my IPOD as I sat up with her night after night and started using it right away. I couldn't believe how the lbs just kept melting away as I tracked every single bite and ran every day! Keep it up and you'll be so happy with the results!