Sunday, July 24, 2011

Project for the Twins' Room

Once in awhile I like to do something a little crafty and I knew I had to make some personalized for the twins' room. I did two different things for Jenna and Brody's room with their names on it, so I headed to Hobby Lobby (I SO love that store!) for some inspiration.

After walking through the aisles I found some wooden letters, a wooden backplate, paint and baseball scrapbook paper. That's it! Bonus: everything except the scrapbook paper was on sale! :)

Here's what the letters and backplate-thingy looked like to start:


My two best helpers! Kids just can't resist paint, can they?


Here's what I did. I wanted them each to be in different colors, so I decided Blake's would be blue and Bowen's red. I had the kids paint the letters and then I painted around the edge of the backplate. Once that dried, I traced the scrapbook paper around the backplate to fit perfectly. I then modge-podged on the scrapbook paper. After that dried I used wood glue to adhere the letters on.

The finished product:



I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! Super-easy and cheap! :)

2 comments:

Gregori Family Blog said...

How cute!!!! And just for the record.... scrapbook paper is on sale there this week! I just went today!

Mandy Hunecke said...

LOVE the projects! Way to be a crafty mommy