Friday, July 8, 2011

100!!!

I'm behind blogging! I have 4th of July pics to put up and a bunch of other stuff, but I'm going to go out of order because I feel like it's the thing to do in this case.

Thursday night, in the last regular game of the baseball season, Aaron got his 100th career win! It didn't come easy, that's for sure. It was a back-and-forth game that came down to our #4 hitter hitting a 3-run walk off home run in the bottom of the 10th inning! Whew. I'm sure Aaron won't forget that game anytime soon.

He came home emotionally exhausted, but he was happy about the accomplishment. He's been the head coach at West Marshall for just six years, so I would say that's pretty impressive how fast he got to #100 and I'm so proud of him!

District play starts on Saturday. Each game from now on could be the last for him (did I blog on here that he resigned effective at the end of this season? Hmmm....I can't remember if I did or not). Anyway, between Blake & family stuff, taking master's classes in the summer, it's just a lot. I don't want to think about life after baseball because it is our life in the summer, so for now we'll just keep cheering on the boys and hope they continue to win.

1 comment:

Bodie said...

I don't think I knew he was resigning, but what an awesome way to go out...100 wins. Tell him congrats from us. Have a great day!