Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The way I see it...

I Survived!
I am happy to report that I did survive the weekend...barely! We all had a great time, but Sunday morning I was just exhausted. All of my company left by 10:30 AM Sunday, so I did have some time to just put my feet up and relax for most of the day Sunday. And, when the kids took their naps on Sunday afternoon, so did my husband and I. Two hours! I can’t even tell you the last time I took a two hour nap.

My house got cleaned in time, but now looks worse than before I started cleaning for the party. (Thanks to all of you that gave my husband a hard time about helping me clean!) Sixteen people in your house, including four kids under the age of five, plus three dogs can do a number on your house. I’ve done laundry and that’s about it since Sunday. I just don’t have the energy to put away the kids’ gifts, clean up my basement, or anything else for that matter.

Don’t get me wrong, I love to play the role of hostess. But...it’s hard work! I felt like I was constantly getting food ready or cleaning up after a meal. The nice thing was, both my mom and dad told me I did a really good job and that everything turned out really well. That made me feel good!

This weekend is Easter already. That sure is early this year, isn’t it? The kids just had birthdays and now the Easter bunny is going to come. My daughter was devastated she didn’t get flip-flops for her birthday, so I told her to ask the Easter Bunny. I assured her that if she asked nicely out loud the Easter Bunny was sure to hear her!

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter, but that’s just the way I see it.

1 comment:

Mandy Hunecke said...

you did a GREAT job! It was tons of fun!!