Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The way I see it...

Having Kids...
I have concluded that the best part of having kids is that they make you feel like a kid! My little ones, who will turn four and two in March, are like little bundles of energy and fun and curiosity. No matter how stressful of a day I have at the office, when they run towards me with their arms out and give me a big hug, it melts away all the crappy stuff that might have happened that day.

Don’t you think their fun-loving attitudes are contagious? We were playing out in the snow over the weekend, and although I liked snow pre-children, I had a blast with them outside. Jenna, my oldest, wanted to make snow angels, so I helped her. Then, she said, “your turn mom!” When’s the last time you laid down in the snow and made a snow angel? I couldn’t personally remember the last time I did, but it was great and kind of a freeing experience.
After the angels, I was showing Brody, my youngest, how to make snowballs and he loved that. He kept trying to throw them at me, but with his big gloves he just couldn’t get a grip. Nevertheless, the smile never left his face.

Remember the days when we couldn’t wait to grow up? I can’t wait until I’m done with high school. I can’t wait to be done with college and can get a job so I don’t have to study anymore. My dad always used to say that he would give anything to be back in school and I thought he was crazy. Turns out, he was pretty darn smart. The days of not having to worry about going to a job or paying bills or having real grown-up responsibilities, those were the days...

I think that’s why kids are such a blessing. They make you forget, if even for a minute here or an hour there, about all the serious stuff you’re faced with as an adult. They take you back to when life was simple, where the smiles and laughter flowed easily. And, even though you may be getting older, they definitely always make you feel young at heart, but that’s just the way I see it.

1 comment:

Mandy Hunecke said...

I think you are right on the money with this one. So glad you are sharing these! :)