Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The way I see it...

A handwritten thank you
Guess what I received in the mail the other day? A thank you. That was handwritten. Isn’t that so, I don’t know, old-fashioned? And, guess what? I loved it!

I have to admit that I’m not very good when it comes to writing thank yous. I always have this idea in my mind that after Christmas or the kids’ birthdays I will do something and send them out to family. Even better! I will have the kids color them or something creative like that. Well...it doesn’t happen. If it was the thought that counted when it comes to thank yous, I would be good to go. But, we all know that it doesn’t.

I think I went through a phase after high school graduation, then wedding showers, the wedding and baby showers where I just wanted to pull my hair out because of all the thank yous I had to write. I know that’s really, really bad to say, but when you’re faced with a huge number of them, it’s hard (at least for me) to stay upbeat about having to sit down a handwrite that many thank yous.

Well, that was over two years ago, so I feel like I have no excuses anymore. It’s February 2nd and I am announcing that I have added a New Year’s resolution to my list. Take the time to handwrite a thank you to let someone know that what I received, what they did, etc. was special and meant something to me and I am very grateful.

I’m thinking that it will not only make me feel good to show my appreciation, but the person that receives it will feel equally good, but that’s just the way I see it.

2 comments:

Mandy Hunecke said...

I love that idea, I actually "added" that one (along with my b-day/ anniversary cards) to my resolutions too!

Brooke Stevens said...

I do the same thing! I have had Camden make some a couple times but I need to get better at it!