Monday, February 23, 2009

My love-hate relationship

For those of you that don't know, we currently are renting a house in State Center. Last June we finally sold our house in Sioux City, but decided to just keep renting for awhile until we decide for sure where we want to be.

That being said, I have a love-hate relationship with our rental. More specifically, with the kitchen. I love that it is so big and spacious and has tons of counter and cupboard space. I hate the floor and cupboards! Refer to the pictures below:
My "lovely" white cupboards
My nemesis: the kitchen floor!
I love the house. It's an old two-story farmhouse that was moved into town. It has 4 bedrooms. A huge kitchen. It is in a nice location.
I hate that everything in the house is white! Maybe you've noticed in pictures that I've posted that the walls are always white. They're like that in every room. It makes me feel like I am in an institution! I prefer color.
Anywho, the kitchen floor drives me nuts. Batty. I cannot keep it clean, no matter how hard I try. Two kids and a black lab, I can't win! :)

1 comment:

Angie Brooker said...

I feel for you. For some reason, we have white doors and I am disgusted by the endless fingerprints on them. I can't imagine having white cupboards and flooring.

Also, totally unrelated, but I believe a few people are starting to plan our 10 yr reunion for over the 4th. Just FYI.