Thursday, February 19, 2009

Is it Spring yet?

So, I have to admit that I have always liked winter. I love snow (as long as I'm not driving in it) and the cold has never really bothered me. Well, that seems to have changed this winter. Having an almost-3-year-old has made me wish for Spring. Jenna has started watching more t.v. than she ever has and I think she's bored with her toys. When we had those 60 degree days we got the stroller out and went for walks and it was heaven being outside. I think we are all experiencing cabin fever. We're supposed to get a couple more inches of snow tomorrow, but I am ready for Spring!


The other day I got out Aaron's shaving cream, sprayed it on the table, and let her go to town! She practiced her "J's", made pictures, and made a mess. Jenna had so much fun! (Thanks for the idea Brooke!) So, if any of you out there have any more fun indoor ideas, please pass them along. I would love to hear them!

4 comments:

Brooke Stevens said...

Camden is getting to that point to where he is bored with all his toys and asks at least daily if it's spring today?
Jenna looks like she is having a blast! Sure keeps them busy for awhile!

Anonymous said...

And that is why you will get mother of the year and I never did honey!!!!!!!!!!!! Great idea...I think it is called having patience! Love you, Mom

Mary or Jerod said...

You could always let her blow bubbles in the kitchen. We were with my mom in SC while she got her nails done and my little bro, Gabe (7), took the little dixie cups from the water cooler and just stacked cups and tried to flip them upside down and catch them in another cup. It kept Gabe...and myself busy for about 40 minutes! Ha :) I love reading your guys' page.

Brooke Stevens said...

another idea that Camden loves to do it cut stuff out of paper. I just give him a bunch of paper(magazines, coloring books, colored paper, etc) and some preschool safety scissors and he loves to just cut things out or just cut plain paper into pieces. If he cuts pictures out then I let him glue them onto another piece of paper. Letting them cut and glue gets them ready for some preschool activities and just teaches them how to use a scissors. Or cut up colored paper and make a picture frame from the colored paper.....or could pick up sticks, leaves, etc from outside and make a frame or just have them glue it to any kind of paper. It sure keeps them busy!