Monday, November 3, 2008

We're getting old...

Aaron and I had this idea that we should start up an adult volleyball league in State Center. We would have it every Wednesday night from November-January for about an hour and a half or so. We have no idea how many people are going to show up, but there have been many people who have talked to us about coming and it starts this Wednesday.

Well, this past weekend my sister, Jess, and her boyfriend, Mitch, came down on Saturday to hang out with us. Because Aaron and I haven't played volleyball for a long time, we decided to go up to the gym and just work some of the rust off.

We are old! I used to play twice a week when we lived in Sioux City, but haven't played in my post-baby era. Yikes! It was scary. When I was bumping I felt like I couldn't get down and actually had to stretch. Remember back in the day when you stretched because the coach made you, not because you felt like you needed it? My, how times have changed!

It's funny how you take for granted what great shape you were in as a teenager. You could practice 2-3 hours and not think a thing of it. Now, my workouts consist of chasing around two children under the age of three and walks that include pushing a double stroller (which I think could double as weight training!). We found out we are in really sucky shape, especially judging by how much we were sweating (for the record, Jess and Mitch were too). Yesterday was another story, my shoulders and back are SORE!

I'm a little nervous about Wednesday night. I fear that I'm going to be the worst one on the court, but Aaron keeps assuring me I'll be fine and it will be fun. We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know...

2 comments:

Mandy Hunecke said...

eh, who cares!! We all are getting old but it's part of the fun! :o) Maybe you will surprise yourself and find that you will do great! HAVE FUN!

Scott Nelsen said...

not to be a nit-picker or anything but it's no longer called a bump, it's a pass...