Friday, July 22, 2016

Blake did it!

This is a HUGE Fri-yay for Blake that I have to share with you all.  Blake has been trying, off and on, to ride a bike without training wheels.  Thursday, Aaron sent me a snapchat at work and it was two different videos of him riding unassisted.  I tried not to get my hopes up, but when I went home for lunch he was so excited to tell me that he could ride without training wheels!
 Our neighbor, Jon, said to me, "Have you ever seen somebody decide to ride a bike so quickly and just do it?!"  I haven't. 
 I was feeling really crummy for Blake because, obviously, Jenna and Brody ride bikes and Bowen has been riding without training wheels since last summer.  Sometimes, things are just harder for Blake, things like fine motor skills and balancing on a bike.  That's why I am SO HAPPY for this kid. 
 If you can't tell by the photos, he's pretty happy about it himself.  Ha.
 Last nite, despite being 400 degrees, he wanted to go for a short bike ride, so we went about a mile and it was awesome!  He did great, was very cautious at all times. 
 Usually, the kids want to go for a bike ride and Blake and his itty bitty bike with training wheels just can't keep up.  Plus, he gets tired and I end up having to push him.  Not so anymore!!
 When I get to see Blakers do things like this and accomplish things like this, it pulls at my heart.  I mean, look at that smile!  I'm pretty sure this kid will be able to do anything he sets his mind to!

No comments: