Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Brody's debut!

Brody FINALLY got to make his first pitching debut last Sunday.  He's been waiting for this day for awhile.  Previously, he has only played t-ball and Sunday was the real deal.  No coach pitch, entirely player pitch.  That's kind of a lot in second grade I think, but we just roll with the rules.  

Brody, as my mom would say, was like a fart on a hot tin skillet Sunday morning.  He had his uniform, belt and all the things laying out for over a week.  This kid loves, loves, loves baseball.  

Aaron, I mean Coach Dad, let the kids pitch an inning at a time.  Brody pitched second in the first game and in typical fashion, I was a nervous wreck.  What is it about your child pitching that makes your stomach do flip-flops?!  I'm the same way with Jenna.  

Anyway, Brody did ok the first game and found his control even better the second game.  After the game I told him I was proud of him and the kid was just smiling from ear to ear!

I was able to get some pictures of his very first go-around.  





We'll just keep working at it and I'll keep my fingers crossed he keeps lovin' it!

No comments: