Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Make-A-Wish!

Is this thing on? *taptaptap*  OH.  Hi.  It's me.  Long time, no blog. Sunday night we were laying in bed and I said to Aaron, "Do you realize I haven't blogged in over a month?!"  He said, "I noticed that..."

Well, here I am back at it.  Time just gets away from me I guess.  That being said I think this is a great time to tell you some really big Burdorf news.  I've been holding this one kind of close to my chest because I wanted to have official paperwork in-hand before I shared it.

Here goes...
BLAKE GOT HIS WISH GRANTED THROUGH MAKE-A-WISH AND WE ARE HEADING TO DISNEY!!!!
Yes, I am indeed shouting at you with all of those capital letters. ;)  It's just that we are sooooo excited! We fly out on Monday from Des Moines at 6 A.M.  Luckily, Make-A-Wish is so awesome they are paying for us to stay in a hotel right across from the airport so we don't have to get up at 3 AM to leave.  We get back on Sunday, March 22nd.  

There is a resort called Give Kids the World that is just for Make-A-Wish kids and their families to stay.  They provide you with a villa to stay in, meals, and a slew of activities (horseback riding, swimming, fishing, unlimited ice cream eating!).  We get passes to Disney, Universal Studios and Sea World.  Plus, Blake told the MAW people he liked baseball, so we got tickets to the Braves vs. Yankees spring training game at the Wide World of Sports.

The kids are excited.  I'm excited.  Aaron is excited.  I'm just so happy for the kids!  Every time I think of last year's five months of separation and never-ending cycle of hell, I know that these four kids deserve this and are going to have the time of their lives! 

Did I mention that this Saturday we also have our annual Burdorf Birthday Bash?!  Yep, family will be at our place in full force and then we leave the next day!!  Crazy town, but we wouldn't have it any other way. :)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Just don't wait a month to blog about your Disney trip! :) Have a GREAT time!! Lots of pictures!!