Friday, January 23, 2015

TOMORROW!

TOMORROW is our favorite day of the year - 
Iowa State's Dance Marathon!

I realized in looking back that I never blogged about last year's dM.  Probably because Blake was in the PICU and I took the other three.  It was hard to be there without Blake and Aaron.  Blake is the reason we are a part of dance marathon.  I remember thinking, this sucks!  Blake should be able to be there.  But, at the same time I thought, this is why these awesome college students dance for kids like Blake, at the University of Iowa Children's Hospital.

My biggest memory of dM 2014 was when they announced the families at the beginning.  At the last minute, I talked to Aaron about possibly face-timing with each other and holding up our iPad when we walked through the chaos that is the college students and the start of dM so the students could see Blake's face via the iPad.  It is a moment I will never forget.  I think if I see a movie reel of my most impactful life moments, this will be in there.

They announced us and up walked Jenna, Brody, Bowen and me holding up the iPad.  I panned the whole audience and the crowd went crazy and got so loud.  I couldn't hold back the tears.  Then, from the back I heard a, "We love you Blake!" (it ended up being from one of Aaron's former students and ballplayers!).  I was crying and as I looked around I saw so many students crying too.  It was just...one of those things.  

Here is last year's highlights.  If you have time, you may see a few familiar faces in it.  If you watch nothing else, be sure to watch the last 30 seconds. ;)

I have FOUR kiddos (and maybe me too!)  that cannot wait for tomorrow to get here!!!  

No comments: