Saturday, September 13, 2014

Six things

1. 4K for the Kids! Last Sunday we went to Iowa State to participate in a 4K run/walk to raise money for ISU's Dance Marathon.  We had planned on walking, but then I got antsy and told Aaron we should run a little.  The next thing you know we had a system of the boys running and resting in the stroller while I swapped kids.  The boys did AMAZING.  Seriously, I couldn't believe how much they were able to run!  Sidenote:  Jenna was in Minnesota with Grandpa Larry and that's why she isn't pictured.
2. Beginning reader: I love listening to my kids read.  Jenna loves to read and is very good at it.  Brody is becoming a much better reader and it's really neat this year that his teacher sent home an app that has level appropriate stories for him.  The stories are read to him, then he reads them and then he has to answer questions about what he read.  We downloaded the app on our Kindle and Brody loves it.
3. Future Firefighters:  The perks of mom's job is that I get to take pictures of State Center's Firefighters.  When doing this, the firefighters are super nice to my kids and let them try on their fire gear and sit up in the fire truck. 
4. BUSY:  This past week has been crazy busy. Preschool pictures, volleyball pictures, cheerleading pictures, more preschool pictures, a football game, a reffing husband, the start of Jenna's volleyball practices with me helping coach, a home football game, Aaron's master's class...you get the idea.  Anyway, last weekend I mistakenly didn't get groceries and we were out of like, everything.  So, Thursday morning I set my alarm for 5 AM and headed to Wal-Mart.  It was kind of creepily quiet, but nice and not crowded at the same time.
5. Best shirt ever:  Nothing special, just this super cute, super appropriate shirt Blake wore to school.  Isn't it awesome?!
6. Sugar Detox:  So, on Monday I'm starting a sugar detox.  I found out about these groups via Instagram and after reading how great everybody felt after the 14 days, I knew I wanted to try it.  People are asking me why in the world I would do this.  Well, I am admittedly a sugar addict (I heart desserts!), I have felt so bloated and icky lately and my face is broken out like I'm a 14 year old again.  I really want to see how this makes me feel.  I'm hoping it indeed does make me feel better!

It is pretty strict in what you can eat and what you can't  - no dairy, no bread, only berries for fruit, no alcohol, only good fats, lots of veggies and protein.  You get the idea.  So...it could be a rough start getting into the swing of things, but I think with good planning of meals and snacks I can do this.  It's always good to push your body and see what it can do!  I will let you know how it goes, so wish me luck. :)

Have a good weekend and GO HAWKS! :)

No comments: