Wednesday, April 2, 2014

HOME and the Red Shoe Run

We made it HOME Tuesday night!  Woo-Hoo!  I had tried to finagle our way out of there Tuesday morning, but the doctor said we had to wait to see specifically what Blake's culture grew so we got on the correct antibiotic for home.  She said there was a small chance we would know by that afternoon. 

Guess what?  We found out about 2:30 PM on Tuesday.  I saw the doctor and asked again about going home.  She said she had to talk to urology, but would see what they could do.  About three hours later the doctor came back.  She told me we could just stay until morning if that was easier.  Hello!  NO!  I told her I wanted to sleep in my own bed. Shockingly, we were out the door by 6:30 PM.   Ahhh...home.  It's good.  My bed was good.  This morning was a little rough with four kids, getting ready for school and Blake pooping all over the floor, but anyway....I will most definitely take it! :)

I also have been meaning to mention that we are doing the Red Shoe  5K Run in Iowa City on Sunday, May 4th.  This will be our third year doing it to help benefit the Ronald McDonald House.  If you are the running or walking type and are close to Iowa City or want to take a road trip come join team #keepfightingblake!!  We would love to have you.  Here is the link to register:
https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=5124953  When you register it will ask you if you want to join a team and Blake would be happy to have you on his team! ;)

Alright, labs tomorrow in Ames.  Happy thoughts! 




No comments: