Thursday, February 27, 2014

Inspiration and an update

Today was a long day.  A crabby day for me.  Maybe I was just extra stressed out.  I don't know, but I was cranky.  

Blake's procedure ran almost two hours behind schedule, in typical hospital fashion.  We waited and waited and waited....  Anyway, the good news is that they were able to get their needle all the way from Blake's kidney through his obstructed ureter and into his bladder. 

What does this mean?  It means that urine can actually get to his bladder and the tube/stent is now internalized and he doesn't have a huge pee bag hanging out of his kidney.  That's nice!  So far, so good in pee flowing back out his regular catheter.  

Thank you all for the prayers for my mom's husband, Bill, today.  He did end up having quadruple bypass surgery.  When I talked to my mom tonite, she said the surgery went as well as it could.  Bill was in a lot of pain, but overall doing well.  They were going to try to have the breathing tube out tonite and have him up walking tomorrow. 

So, since I had a rough day, I went and read some of my favorite quotes to make me think/smile/laugh.  It always seems to do the trick.  When I posted some of these earlier, you all seemed to enjoy them too, so I thought I would share. :)












I will leave you with this HAPPY Blake news - his labs have been amazingly amazing the past two days!!  His creatinine was 0.4 today!  Normal is 0.3-0.4.  His BUN was 19!! Normal is 10-20.  We haven't seen the likes of these numbers for months. 

A member of the nephrology team said to me today, "That's a hell of kidney he's got there.  And that's a hell of a kid you've got there."  Couldn't have said it better myself... :)  

No comments: