Sunday, May 26, 2013

Home. Sweet. Home.

We got to come home this afternoon!  YAAAAAY!  I was pretty sure that we were going to have to stay until Monday, so imagine my surprise when the nurse came in this morning and said the latest page she had from the resident said they might send us home.

After Friday night's fiasco, things settled down for the most part.  Saturday was spent slowly getting Blake re-hydrated with just an IV drip and then IV/pedialyte and then IV/formula, until it was just formula.  Thank goodness he tolerated it.

Can I just say that hospital sleeping sucks?!  Oy.  We didn't get to sleep until after 11 PM again last nite and I hate that vitals every four hours thing, plus Blake was coughing and restless.  After 4 AM vitals, we both slept hard until I woke up to a lady wearing a white coat and yellow mask telling me she was there for labs.  I was not a happy camper.

Anyway, on the downside - Blakers has a respiratory virus.  Nothing we can do about it but watch it.  His temp got up to 102 in the hospital, but has been ok since last nite (knock on wood).  I can't remember the exact name, but they said his cough could last two weeks.

I'm so very thankful that the nephrology team thinks so highly of us that they put the ball in our court about what WE wanted to do.  Did we want to stay a little longer?  Were we comfortable going home?  That is awesome.  We are so grateful to have that kind of relationship with the entire nephrology team.

Life is funny.  When you're in the midst of everyday chaos, you sometimes feel like you're going to lose your mind.  But, when circumstances you can't control take you away from it, you realize how much you miss the noise.  The bickering.  The giggling.  I am so happy to be home and so is Blake.

Thanks again for all of those prayers!  Your encouragement means so much!

P.S. I am super-duper behind for the month of May, so I'm working on a couple of May posts, filled with pictures. :)  Coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the posts. We're just glad Blake is home again.