Thursday, January 13, 2011

"I Do It!"

Aaron and I have always wanted our kids to be independent. That's just how we are. Apparently, we did not think this through completely. Mister Brody HAS TO do everything himself. If you say, "Let me help you with that," he responds with, "I do it!"

This is totally fine, except when a certain mom is running around like a chicken with her head cut-off in the morning trying to get breakfast for everybody, hair brushed/done, coats on, etc. and Brody wants to dress himself and he's been working at it for what feels like at least three hours, but is maybe only 15 minutes and I feel like we may never make it out of the house.

I just have to repeat to myself, "Independence is a good thing, independence is a good thing."

Oh well, at least I have a flexible schedule and am not required to be at work at a certain time, right? :)

No comments: