Monday, October 27, 2008

Minnesota Weekend


Brody, Jenna, and Great-Grandma June


Brody and Great-Grandpa Don

As I said last week, we headed out on the road, yet again, to visit our relatives. Thursday night we drove up to Mankato to Justin and Mandy's. We got up Friday morning and headed to Hastings to visit my grandparents, which was about an hour and a half drive from Kato. It was nice to catch up with Grandma and Grandpa and I know they loved seeing the kids!
Saturday was a busy day! We got up and started our day by playing some Wii. I am by no means a video game person, but I did manage to play a couple games of tennis. Mandy and I struggled, but everybody had some good laughs. The Huneckes (Justin and I) were way too dramatic when we played! We just kind of relaxed throughout the morning and Mandy made chili for lunch and we watched some football. After a little shopping we all walked over to a nearby park and let the dogs run and Jenna play on the playground. Mandy and Justin live in a really nice neighborhood so we got some good pictures at the park. After that we raked leaves and mowed the lawn. Aunt Mandy promised Jenna that she could help her carve pumpkins, so Jenna helped pull all the seeds out, but her attention span was a little short! They turned out very cool though.
Saturday evening our friend Scott and his wife came over. It was so great to see him! He's still the same old Scott and it's nice to know that some things don't change. We were pretty tired early, so we hit the hay about 10 that night. I think Justin and Mandy stayed up to play some more Wii....
Sunday was freezing!! It was so windy and snowing, yep snowing! With the wind it looked like a blizzard outside. Luckily, the roads weren't effected as we headed home.
Anyway, it was such a fun weekend and we were glad we made the trip up north. We don't get to see my brother and wife as much as we would like and we really miss them. Thanks guys for lots of fun!
We took a TON of pictures this weekend, but Aaron and I forgot the camera in Hastings, so we had to use Mandy's. So, as soon as Mandy sends me some of those I'll post them. Above are a couple pics from our Hastings visit.
Looks like a busy week for us! We'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

Scott Nelsen said...

what...no picture of me and brod man? WTF?

Great pictures of your grandparents...i'm going to email them.

Scott

Aaron Burdorf said...

Scott! Read what I wrote, the pics are coming as soon as Mandy emails them to me. I will put the pic of you and your new buddy on there! Tell Lisa she's a keeper! :)

Scott Nelsen said...

sorry for being so vein... we went to "W" last night and i was tired when i read the blog.

i need you to email me don and june's email address

Scott Nelsen said...

i've posted an update on my blog...it's all about jamie