Friday, October 3, 2008

The debate

Aaron and I are kind of political junkies. We love election time, so of course watching debates is high on our list. That being said, here are some of my thoughts...
First of all, although I do think it's about dang time a woman made a ticket, Sarah Palin is not my first pick. She sort of makes me crazy. I could stand her up until her sarcastic, snide attitude she presented at the Republican National Convention. My respect for her ended there.
I didn't think there was one clear cut winner last nite, but I enjoyed listening to Biden more. I felt that he was actually talking to me and wasn't reciting answers that some campaign aides wrote out for him. I just felt that Palin was too well rehearsed, does that make sense? If she would have winked, said something about Alaska and energy and talked about John McCain the maverick one more time, I was going to throw something at the t.v!!! I also don't appreciate her "I'm like every other mom and we're a middle class family bit." I was so happy when Biden talked about being a single dad and not knowing if your son was going to live. I thought, 'you go Joe!'
I don't understand how someone who's been in Washington for over 20 years is the "change guy." Am I missing something? I realize that Biden has been there a long time too, but he's not at the top of the ticket.
Anyway, we missed the last presidential debate, so we're looking forward to the next one.
My sister always says I'm a psycho when it comes to voting, but it IS really important!!

No comments: