Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Hunecke Christmas

The holidays are over! *sob*  I don't know about you, but I always get sad when it's January 2nd and the holiday season is over for another year.  Taking the tree down?  Don't even get me started.  

Anyway....way back on December 17th we had Christmas with my mom and dad.  This year it was my sister's turn to host, so we headed to Cherokee. My nephew Carter's birthday is in January, so we celebrated that on Friday night too.  
We had fun, as always!  We played cards Friday night.  I talked everybody into playing Hearts, a Hunecke favorite, and it turned into a marathon game.  I didn't win and I can't remember who did. 
Jess and Mitch had two real trees.  I'm so jealous!  This one in their fireplace room was ginormous.  I think my sister said that her boss brought it from Wisconsin.  It seriously must have been 11 or 12 feet tall.
When we get together, there's a lot of boys.  Here Blake and Maddox are clearly discussing something super important. 
Poor Jenna.  She's the odd man, er, girl, out.  We let her be in the older girls picture this year.  We all had to wear our "ugly" or "cute" depending on how you look at it, sweaters.


We're not really good at taking turns when it comes to opening presents.  Pretty much it ends up being complete chaos.  That's Christmas though, right?!
After last year's success at our house with games, Jess planned some games for this year too.  Disclaimer:  These cans were already empty when we arrived in Cherokee!  This game was called chandelier and the kids had to stack cans, 5,4,3,2,1. 
For the adults, it was harder.  We had to stack 1,2,3,4,5.  I was on my #5 and my chandelier tipped over and I LOST to the Mr.  Dang it!  I heard about that for awhile...

Clearly my mother didn't have great luck...haha!
Next up was the cracker face game where you try to get the cracker in your mouth without using your hands. 

Our family.  We are loud and crazy and kind of dysfunctional.  I wouldn't have it any other way though. 
Bear looked how I felt after Saturday's festivities.  Sooooo...tired.  I just hung out in front of the twinkly lights and watched a movie.  Pretty, pretty.

No comments: