Sunday, June 15, 2014

Since the last time I blogged...

We have been very busy, as I said, around our house the past month or so. I decided to do a quick "what we've been up to" to get you all caught up.

1. Red Shoe Run:  Once again this year we did the 5K for a place near and dear to our hearts, the Ronald McDonald House in Iowa City.  It was another great turnout and I plan to (fingers crossed) do a separate post about this because it was such a great day!  Blakers and Steph posed for a picture at the end of the day.
2. "Frozen": Do you want to build a snowman?!  Just kidding.  Iowa State showed "Frozen" at Jack Trice one Saturday night in May.  It. Was. Awesome.  We sat with a bunch of other Dance Marathon families and watched it on the big screen.  Everybody brought blankets and filled up the field and then had to move to the chairs.  The place was ridiculously packed.  Such a great, family fun night.  We can't wait to see what they show next year!
3.  Track and Field Day:  The end of the school year meant elementary track and field day.  It's one of my favorite days of the year.  I spent the morning on a field trip to a farm with Brody and the afternoon watching the kids at track and field day.  

 This was my first year having two kids participating and I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off!  Plus, I was trying to get pictures for the paper at the same time. 
 The kiddos had a good day!  Brody got first place ribbons in kick-the-shoe (above) and in the long jump.  Jenna got first in the softball throw. 
4.  Little League:  May also brought the start of Little League games for Jenna.  This week, we start tournaments, so we'll see how many more games she has left.  This is the first year that Jenna has pitched. 
I have to admit I get a little teary looking at these pictures of her pitching.  She looks so grown-up and so determined.  Jenna says she really likes to pitch, so we'll see how this goes.  
5. Summer sports photos:  It seems that everything happened at the same time, as it does every year.  We have been so busy (which is awesome!) with little league teams from different towns, middle school and high school baseball/softball pictures.  In-between teams, these monkeys wanted their turn...

  
6.  Six and seventh month kidney-versaries:  Blake is doing so well right now. *knock on wood*.  People ask me, "How long have you been home?"
I respond, "We don't talk about it.  We don't count days.  We just say we've had a good stint at home."  
At the last two check-ups with Dr. Jetton she pretty much says, "I don't really have much to say...Blake's just doing so well and looks so great!"  Fine by me. ;)
We have made major progress in the meds department.  At it's worst, I think he was taking 22 or 23 meds a day and at seven or eight times a day.  Right now we have gotten that number down to 9!!! meds and he only gets meds at 8 AM and 8 PM.  I cannot explain to you how gosh darn amazing that is!!!! :) 
7. School is out!  We finally got out of school the Thursday after Memorial Day.  It was really late this year.  The kids were excited, obviously!  
 
8.  Middle School Staff Golf Outing:  We couples golfed with the Middle School staff one Sunday afternoon.  I am so bad, but it was a kid-free activity with friends, so hey!  It was a good time!
9. Outdoors, all the time:  We busted out the sprinkler this past weekend because it was finally warm enough.  Look at Bowen's face.  That is the face of the child who will give us more gray hair than all the other combined, I'm quite certain of that!
 The light was perfect.  I have a bunch of other fun pics to share with you too.
 I'm not kidding when I say the first thing the twins say when they get up is, "Go outside?!"  All day everyday if they could. 
10. Father's Day:  Today we didn't really do anything super special for Dad's Day.  We ate donuts.  Played ball.  I grilled.  Watched college baseball.  We let Aaron sleep in and let him put his feet up and watch sports on t.v. 

 I'm pretty lucky to have this guy as the father of my kiddos.  This last year we have been through some incredibly hard times with everything going on and he showed me yet again what an amazing guy he is!
Ok, so that's just a small look at everything we've been up to!  I promise I won't go a month until my next post.  I need to learn something from my friend, Mary, and post something weekly. 

Have a great week!  We are gearing up for the Rose Festival!

No comments: