Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Unexpected Snow

In case you all haven't seen the map that shows how much snow different parts of Iowa have gotten, there's one place in particular that got hit by a bullseye - us!!  Yep, we were supposed to get a 'dusting' and then it turns out we got just a little more.  You know, like 14.5 inches!!  It's been crazy.  Tuesday they got out of school and there was no school today and we have a two hour late start set for Thursday.
I had this hair-brained idea to bring a little snow inside for the kids to play with.  They actually really liked it and it wouldn't have been too big of a mess until...we all started having a snowball fight. :)

 It was just water, so I didn't get too worked up about it. 


 Then Brody thought it would be fun to make a sno cone so he poured strawberry syrup on the top.  It was actually kind of good and I'm pretty sure the snow was clean - haha!
 I decided I deserved some 'me' time during naptime, so while the twins and Aaron slept, Jenna and Brody watched 'Tangled' and I read a book.  For over an hour.  And drank hot chocolate while the snow fell.  It was glorious. 
 So, speaking of Blake (below), if you remember Aaron and him were supposed to go to Iowa City Tuesday.  I'm so glad that they didn't go.  I shudder to think how bad things would have been on the way home.  We rescheduled the appointment for tomorrow (Thursday).  Fingers crossed that this snow stops and they can make it. 
 It really was a pretty snow...
 Aaron and the kids made a snow fort outside.  They thought that was pretty cool.

 Aaron shoveled twice on Tuesday and again Wednesday morning.  Let's just say he had a good workout, that snow was heavy!
Brody is all about hockey.  Specifically...Minnesota Gopher hockey.  So, we ended up playing "hockey" in our living room with a plastic bowling ball, plastic golf clubs and a baseball bat.
 
 We always have drama...
 I'm thinking another good birthday gift idea may be a plastic hockey set. 
 This kid has goalie mentality.  And, really good hand-eye coordination. 
 More drama...  :)
Brody and I had a pretty intense game going.  He's a little competitive.  I have no idea where he gets that from...ha!  Anyway, he did really awesome and beat me.  He's number one.  The mom is number two.
 Alright, fingers crossed for school in session and safe travels to Iowa City tomorrow. 

I better go, I'm missing the season premiere of "Duck Dynasty." :)


No comments: