Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Season Over

Baseball season is officially over. West Marshall lost 7-6 last Saturday night in district play. I am so sad! I think I probably took it worse than Aaron did! :) The game could have gone either way. We were behind 2-0, then we tied it at 2, then we got ahead 4-2, then they tied it at 4, then they went up 6-4 and then we came back at scored two runs in the top of the 7th with two outs to tied it again. BUT, unfortunately they got baserunners on and hit a walk-off single to win the game in the bottom of the 7th.

Some years it's tougher than others to see the season end. The boys finished 14-12 and if you would have asked me after the first game of the year how many games they would win I would have said about 5-6. With such a young, inexperienced team they came so far. I'm really proud of the boys and Aaron and Jerod and the job they all did this season.

And, as a true baseball fan, I'm already looking forward to next summer!! :)

No comments: